Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
At Snap Research, we create new technology that inspires our Product and Design teams, and we partner with Engineering to help develop and deliver innovative new features and products. We explore opportunities for technology transfers and academic publications, and regularly publish in leading journals and conferences. We are especially interested in fostering ongoing collaborations and are open to projects that last beyond the internship. We strive to create an environment that is both productive and fun.
We are looking for interns who are excited about pushing state-of-the-art technology and research in areas such as graphics, computer vision, human-computer interaction, machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, social sciences, and more -- in ways that could be of interest to Snap Inc. as well as to the research community at large.
Please note: the Snap Inc. internship program may be remote in 2022. Due to travel and visa restrictions associated with COVID-19, internships may not be available in all international locations.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with world class researchers and engineers in your area of expertise
- Develop state of the art technology that will impact our products
- Potentially work toward publishing and/or patenting your research
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment
- Proven ability solving tough technical challenges
- Enrolled in a BS, MS, or PhD program in a technical field, such as Computer Science
- Experience conducting academic research and applying technical concepts to real-world problems
- Strong academic performance in technical coursework
- Clear vision for how research initiatives could contribute to future innovation at Snap
- Publication to relevant top conferences and journals
- Successful previous project experience that could potentially impact our products
- A passion for research and Snap Inc. products.
At Snap Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.